Debra Franses Bean
Debra's sculptures are kitsch resin handbags with all manner of items encased within them - lipsticks, handguns, Dollar bills, My Little Ponies, pocket watches, or rusted keys - presenting the viewer with a parody of commercial designer desirables through hyper-real emulation.
Debra explores ideas centered on consumption and mass production, acknowledging the complex relationship that we have with material objects as consumable goods – our penchant to consume is denigrated by the ensuing guilt and anxiety that tends to follow. These handbags are commodities in and of themselves. In as much as these works are a nod to pop art, they also allude to the digital age, as the very process by which the contents of these resin handbags are acquired is through online shopping and social networking.
Debra is available to work to commission, for enquiries please contact us .
- Debra Franses BeanGloryPOA
- Debra Franses BeanPlain Mini Art Bags (No Contents)POA
- Debra Franses BeanMini Art Bags (with content or engraved letter...POA
- Debra Franses BeanGlitterati 3 (Pink Flock)POA
- Debra Franses BeanPride BagsPOA
- Debra Franses BeanInfinity Gold Glitter BagPOA
- Debra Franses BeanMan BagPOA
- Debra Franses BeanArt Bag EmojiPOA
- Debra Franses BeanScent Of A Woman 9POA
- Debra Franses BeanScent Of A Woman 6POA
- Debra Franses BeanScent Of A Woman 4POA
- Debra Franses BeanScent Of A Woman 16POA
- Debra Franses BeanGlitterati 6 (Baby Pink)Sold Out
- Debra Franses BeanGlitterati 4 (Gold)Sold Out
- Debra Franses BeanGlitterati 2Sold Out
- Debra Franses BeanShe SheSold Out
- Debra Franses BeanScent Of A Woman 12Sold Out