Debra's sculptures are kitsch resin handbags with all manner of items encased within them - lipsticks, handguns, Dollar bills, My Little Ponies, pocket watches, or rusted keys - presenting the viewer with a parody of commercial designer desirables through hyper-real emulation.
Debra explores ideas centered on consumption and mass production, acknowledging the complex relationship that we have with material objects as consumable goods – our penchant to consume is denigrated by the ensuing guilt and anxiety that tends to follow. These handbags are commodities in and of themselves. In as much as these works are a nod to pop art, they also allude to the digital age, as the very process by which the contents of these resin handbags are acquired is through online shopping and social networking.
Debra is available to work to commission, for enquiries please contact us .
- Debra FransesCharmed by the Boss£5,000.00
- Debra FransesMoney BagsPOA
- Debra FransesGloryPOA
- Debra FransesPlain Mini Art Bags (No Contents)POA
- Debra FransesMini Art Bags (with content or engraved letter...POA
- Debra FransesGlitterati 3 (Pink Flock)POA
- Debra FransesPride BagsPOA
- Debra FransesInfinity Gold Glitter BagPOA
- Debra FransesMan BagPOA
- Debra FransesArt Bag EmojiPOA
- Debra FransesScent Of A Woman 9POA
- Debra FransesScent Of A Woman 6POA
- Debra FransesScent Of A Woman 4POA
- Debra FransesScent Of A Woman 16POA
- Debra FransesGlitterati 6 (Baby Pink)Sold Out
- Debra FransesGlitterati 4 (Gold)Sold Out
- Debra FransesGlitterati 2Sold Out
- Debra FransesShe SheSold Out
- Debra FransesScent Of A Woman 12Sold Out