Eade’s journey begins with a mark on the paper surface - in most cases a pencil, slowly and painstakingly each layer is applied to create the final stunning, textured, painterly image. His attention to detail is remarkable, every reflection, wood grain and shadow captured through focused observation and patience.
'I have been drawing since as long as I can remember, and my early inspirations were mainly focussed on wildlife and portraiture. Over the years I became obsessed with reflections, light, shadows and extreme detail which evolved into hyper-realism. It is the imperfections of the subjects that help me create the realism I aim to achieve, the perfect imperfection! By elevating the mundane, I try to bring shadows, shapes and reflections to life, to deliver true definition of the subject.
I work from photographs and make my own tools for most projects. I use pencils, white gouache, compounded graphite dust to create texture, as well as various shaping, blending stumps and paint brushes. Even though I call myself a pencil artist, I use techniques close to painting.'
- Jamie EadeStaedtler Noris B bitten end£750.00
- Jamie EadeCaran d’Ache Luminance Phthalo Blue£750.00
- Jamie EadeCaran d'Ache Luminance Scarlet Red£750.00
- Jamie EadeCaran d'Ache Pablo Gold£750.00
- Jamie EadeCaran d’Ache Pablo Silver£750.00
- Jamie EadeStaedtler Noris 2B Broken lead£750.00
- Jamie EadeCaran d'Ache Pablo Bronze£750.00
- Jamie EadeStaedtler Noris HB2£750.00
- Jamie EadeStaedtler Noris 2H long lead£750.00
- Jamie EadeStaedtler Noris H£750.00