As a paper artist, Rebecca Coles work currently focuses on the reinvention of entomological cataloguing, display and the assemblage of shapes. She is fascinated with the process by which three-dimensional decorative forms materialise out of flat sheets of paper. By deconstructing various paper ephemera to create unique works of art.
Each shape is hand drawn and then intricately hand cut from carefully selected paper, focusing on recycling a medium that would otherwise be discarded and lost. Dissecting small details of colour, imagery and text into silhouettes that are then re-sculptured, pinned and encased. Coles' aim is to transform an everyday object into a piece of work that invites the viewer to see beyond its original source.
Items 1-12 of 15
- Rebecca ColesStamps 231£2,500.00
- Rebecca ColesStamps 233£2,500.00
- Rebecca ColesFlora 07£4,750.00
- Rebecca ColesBlack & White 01£2,500.00
- Rebecca ColesMoney 52£1,800.00
- Rebecca ColesMoney 46£2,500.00
- Rebecca ColesStamps 220£4,200.00
- Rebecca ColesBeano 04£3,500.00
- Rebecca ColesStamps 232Sold Out
- Rebecca ColesField Guide 06Sold Out
- Rebecca ColesStamps 224Sold Out
- Rebecca ColesStamps 219Sold Out