The interiors in Smith's paintings bring together the mysterious and the mundane, whether it be a deserted cafe or dimly-lit living room, these spaces are imbued with an eerie tension. Devoid of people, there are suggestions of life or habitation - a smoking cigarette, a glowing light, a door left ajar - all hint at a fractured narrative.
The window-view monochrome landscapes increase the sense of isolation, their bleak subjects - burning cars, industrial wasteland, deserted roads, are evocative of an aftermath as seen in Science Fiction films or crime scenes. Although there is undoubtedly a sense of the macabre Smith's work, she has a congenial relationship with this aspect; she finds a beauty in the stillness and silence.
- Vanessa SmithBird of May£1,300.00
- Vanessa SmithEden Lost and Found£1,600.00
- Vanessa SmithDark Matter£1,600.00
- Vanessa SmithHiding Place£1,300.00
- Vanessa SmithBlack Fox£1,400.00
- Vanessa SmithThe DescentSold Out
- Vanessa SmithBetween Two WorldsSold Out
- Vanessa SmithNight Closes InSold Out
- Vanessa SmithKettle and NestSold Out
- Vanessa SmithAstral MotelSold Out
- Vanessa SmithTwilight VisitorSold Out